The mission of Messiah is to reach one more life with Jesus. Whether that’s through worship, music, a cup of coffee or an oil change, we want our ministries at Messiah to be a pier in the river of life and provide opportunities to connect, grow and serve our Lord.
The heart and core of worship is pouring out our love towards our God, who not only loves us but saved us through the eternal work of His Son. Worship is both vertical and horizontal. Vertical relates to worshiping God with songs and words so our hearts are poured directly to God. Horizontal worship involves connecting together as a family through worship with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Here at Messiah, live worship bands play a variety of contemporary songs and traditional songs to praise and worship each week.
SALVATION AND GRACE
As human beings, we are unable to fix ourselves. Salvation cannot be earned. But God, our Father, our Creator, is the builder of our hearts and knows exactly how to fix us: Through grace. Grace is God treating us better than we deserve to be treated. This gift is free for us, purchased by Jesus through His own life He laid down on the cross. We all have tendencies to do the wrong things, to sin, to hurt others. Getting fixed by God’s grace? We can’t earn that. We don’t deserve it. But God gives it to us anyway.
THE LORD’S SUPPER
- The Lord’s Supper is an amazing meal of God’s grace that Jesus shared with Disciples and still shares with us today.
- This is a holy meal of bread and wine that is the true body and blood of Christ given and shed for the forgiveness of our sins.
- All are welcome to come to the Lord’s table for this meal during service if you accept and believe Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and He died on the cross to take away our sins.
God is one that we describe in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy. We also refer to God as our Creator, Redeemer and Savior.
- In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. Our beginning was at Creation; God is our starting point.
- We are part of God’s plan that we are still living out to this day.
- God has a plan for each one of us.
- Baptism is a sacrament where God gives us his grace and forgiveness through the washing of water and the Word of God. We are baptized in the name of our truine God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Persons of any age can be baptized, any Sunday, any place.
- Baptism is God’s promise and makes you His child through baptism.
- Prayer is communication and connection with God through conversation
- Prayer does not have to be in a certain position or place—prayer can be in your car, at work, or on your knees
- Prayer can look many different ways, but the important thing is that it is happening.
- Prayer also involves listening to God and hearing His will for you
- We hold a Biblical worldview—the only way we can know truly know the truth is by understanding what God has revealed about Himself, the world and us.
- God created the world as an ideal—when we broke that ideal, God chose not to abandon that world, but to enter it in the person of Jesus Christ.
- We can see evidence of God in creation.
- God was bigger than the world; our God is the God who created us and this world.
What to Expect
Newer to Messiah? Thinking of joining us for worship? Read below to learn more about Messiah and what to expect.
Where are you located?
Messiah Lutheran is located at 1550 S. Poseyville Road—at the corner of Gordonville and Poseyville Roads—just outside of downtown Midland, about 3.5 miles from Dow Diamond baseball stadium.
What do I wear?
Whatever is comfortable for you! We welcome you exactly as you are—there is no dress code. Some wear jeans, others wear suits—we all worship together here at Messiah.
What are your worship services like?
No matter what day, time or place, our services all use the Word of God and His teachings through scripture to guide our messages in an engaging and applicable way.
Our 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. services are held in the Sanctuary, where faith family members sit in comfortable pews and worship with different worship bands each week. Music is a mix of contemporary and traditional songs to engage and express joy to our Lord.
At 11 a.m., we also have our LIFT (Living in Faith and Truth) service held in the Family Life Center. Lift is a worship service for everyone. We desire for all ages, children to grandparents, those with families and those without to join us in the simplicity of being together as the body of Christ.
Every Saturday evening, a special worship service called Restoration Fellowship takes place in the Family Life Center with a free dinner at 5 p.m. and worship at 6 p.m. Designed for those with hurts, habits and hang-ups, Restoration Fellowship has one rule: No Judgment. This is a worship service for all looking for hope, healing and growth in a judgment-free zone full of God’s love.
Where do I take my kids?
During our 9:30 a.m. Sunday service, you are welcome to take your children to one of our Kids’ Creek Sunday Morning classes or age-appropriate kids’ rooms.
Our Kids’ Creek Sunday Morning classes take place in the Kids’ Creek Preschool Wing within the church.
When you approach the Preschool wing, you will be asked to complete a form with your child’s information. This form is entered into our computer database, which then prints an identity badge that both you and your child will wear. This is a safety and security precaution that protects our children. If, however, you would like to worship with your child, please know that they are welcome in any of our services. Learn more by visiting Kids’ Creek Sunday Mornings on our Kids & Youth page.
During our Saturday evening Restoration Fellowship service, we have a similar children’s class called Hope Garden. You will also have to sign in and out your children for security measures. As Restoration Fellowship often targets topics only appropriate for adults, Hope Garden is a great time for your children to learn and worship while their parents or family attend the RF service.
How do I learn more?
When you attend a service at Messiah, make sure to fill out a communication card located in the pews and place the card in the offering plate to let us know you were here. You can mark if you are a first time visitor, as well as note any prayer requests or information you would like us to know on the back of that card.
You can also find out more in the “About Us” section of the website, or give us a call at 989-631-5200 or email at messiah [at] messiahbc [dot] org